Cosplay Trending: Casual Cosplay

Tempered by the thrill of being in disguise in plain sight is just one part of it; for many, it’s also about money – namely, that cosplaying can be expensive. One TikTok video opens on a young woman with fiery red hair holding up an orange post-it note that reads “wanting to cosplay”. The girl is Jordyn, a young gymnast who is lip-syncing to Kreayshawn’s “Go Hard (La.La.La)”. “I'd really like to do that but I don't have any fucking money. Like, I don't have any fucking money,” she mouths. 

“One reason as to why I casual cosplay is because it's cheaper,” Ree, 18, explains to Dazed. Hailing from Birmingham in the West Midlands, Ree likes to code and is currently learning to speak Japanese. “There were times in my early days of cosplaying where I’d find myself disheartened because the costume, wigs, or props I’d need for a character would be too expensive,” she confesses. “I started using eBay, (shopping at) thrift stores, and would just use clothes from my wardrobe to substitute – and most of the time I pulled it off.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FORTNITE: SAVE THE WORLD REVIEW

Cosplay costume

Totally Spies Inspired Outfit